Re: dns and exim troubles ...

Hi Scott, Bob, and others ...

OKay, here's at least *some* of the information I forgot
in my first email ...

First of all, it all happens locally, without any network
connection whatsoever, or only a connection to my second
(old) box. This second box is set up nearly identically
(at least as far as I can see), and works.

My hosts file looks like this

--- start of /etc/hosts ---
127.0.0.1       localhost
10.1.1.1        smrgol.2b1.de   smrgol
--- end of /etc/hosts snipped ---

The following two files are identical on both boxes.

--- start of /etc/resolv.conf ---
domain          2b1.de

nameserver      134.100.33.240
nameserver      134.100.9.61
nameserver      151.189.0.65
nameserver      151.189.13.35
--- end of /etc/resolv.conf ---

--- start of /etc/host.conf ---
order hosts,bind
multi on
--- end of /etc/host.conf ---

I have no DNS server running locally, only when I'm
connected to the net (thruogh a modem).

Does this help?

Thanks so far,

Ingo

Once upon a time Ingo Hohmann spoketh thus: