Re: I've done it! Wanted SMP now I get Kernel Panic!

Thanks... I did get 2.4.12, sorry for the confusion there...

Like a good newbie that I am, I did not do a backup on purpose, unless
there is one done automatically I don't think I have one :(

I thought I compiled what I needed but evidently I did not so....

All I have is a debian cd that I can boot from, open a shell, mount
whatever... It does have scsi support 'couse I can mount /dev/sda and all
that...

What can I do now? Thanks!