Re: Mozilla 0.9.5, font sizes

On Tue, 16 Oct 2001, Karsten M. Self wrote:

> on Mon, Oct 15, 2001 at 08:45:06AM -0800, Christopher S. Swingley (cswingle@iarc.uaf.edu) wrote:
> > I just moved from Mozilla 0.9.4 to 0.9.5 and noticed that it doesn't
> > seem to be respecting font sizes.  For example,
>
> Frankly, this IMO is a feature, not a bug.  What with so many websites
> utterly fucking up their font settings (the size attribute is IMO a
> gross mistake), I'd frankly prefer *all* text be shown at *one* size.

Well great, I think so too, but 14 is way too big for a font size floor
(on most systems).  8 is a lot better floor, and 14 is a perfectly
reasonable default.  Again, this is for most systems.  Mozilla insists on
using pixels to select font sizes, and there is little we can do about it,
but we can try to choose default values that work on the standard
72-96-120dpi systems of today.

Galeon has a UI for the minimum font size.  Otherwise it font sizes are
controlled via /usr/lib/mozilla/mumble/unix.js

-jwb