Re: Movie makers for Linux?

mmiller3@iupui.edu writes:

>     > I've got a series of still captures of some scientific data
>     > that I'd like to string together to form an animation,
>     > picture-book style.
>
> You can try using convert (part of the imagemagick package), to
> make mpegs, as in
>
>    convert *.png movie.mpeg

Thanks Mike.

That almost works. First I had to hunt down mpeg2encode because it's
used by convert and not included in any Debian package (as far as I
could tell). After I did that I tried the command

        convert *.png movie.mpg

and it's doing something really funky, it's using every 12th png file
in the movie, eg., I have 100 frames and it starts with frame 1 then
frame 13, frame 25, frame 37, etc.

Anyway, I might have to move over to the SGI and use their tools. Of
course they don't work with PNG files...

If anyone else has other Linux solutions please pipe in!

Gary