Re: What am I doing worng? NFS question

On Tue, Oct 16, 2001 at 11:20:18AM -0400, Hall Stevenson wrote:
> > /dumpdisk2        phse7(rw,insecure,no_root_squash)
>
> I don't know what the option 'no_root_squash' means, but I
> might assume it's either ignored or not valid.

No, it's valid.  root_squash causes root (on the client) to not have
any special privileges with respect to files on the exported fs.
e.g., with root_squash active, root can't delete other users' files
over the NFS mount.

no_root_squash turns that protection off, allowing root on the client
to retain the same level of privilege over the remote fs as he has on
a local fs.

have already won. - reverius

Innocence is no protection when governments go bad. - Mr. Slippery