Re: What packages do I need to be a NFS server?

On Tue, Oct 16, 2001 at 08:38:03AM -0400, Stan Brown wrote:
> I'm trying to use a potato machien as an NFS server. I have installed:
>
> nfs-common
> nfs-server
>
> And I have no /etc/exports file, nor nfsd, at least "which nfsd" doesn't
> find it.
>
> Do I need some other package?

No.  /etc/exports is a list of which directories you want to share
(export) via NFS.  This is extremely system-specific, so it can't
reasonably come from a package.  You have to create it yourself.  See
man 5 exports for information on this file's format.

As for the NFS daemon, the executable is named rpc.nfsd rather than
just nfsd.

have already won. - reverius

Innocence is no protection when governments go bad. - Mr. Slippery