Re: Debian Mailman broken and undocumented

On Sun, Oct 14, 2001 at 11:43:02AM -0600, Glenn Murray wrote:
> I downloaded and installed Mailman from Debian from potato stable.
> There seems to be no Debian readme for this package.
> It's broken, too:  From the  Mailman site I learned to
> add a ScriptAlias and Exec lines to httpd.conf (the
> latter unacceptable to Apache) and run mailman/bin/newlist.
> The newlist command told me to add some lines to /etc/aliases.
> All went smoothly:  I could access the page to subscribe myself
> and got an email asking me to confirm.  I did, and nothing
> happened.
>
> All I found was:
> # tail /var/log/exim/mainlog
> 2001-10-12 15:24:06 15s9mo-0001Yp-00 Neither the system_aliases
> director nor the address_pipe transport set a uid for local delivery
> of |/var/lib/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd workbench
>
> I would really appreciate any help with this problem.  Please cc to
> gmurray@mines.edu as I am not subscribed.

Maybe you should use your glasses :))

I'm running potato and the mailman docu can be found under:
/usr/share/doc/mailman/
and there is a README.Debian.

For the exim stuff you should ask a exim profi ;) I use postfix.

Sven

--
Sven Hoexter Earth - Germany - Leverkusen -=|=-  e-mail: sven@telelev.net
rm -rf /usr/bin/laden