Re: concerning ext3fs

* Vineet Kumar (vineet@doorstop.net) [011012 08:48]:
> * Hall Stevenson (hallstevenson@mindspring.com) [011010 12:36]:
> > > Thanks for the hint; I hadn't yet noticed mine. Perhaps
> > > a better solution is to specify "ext3,ext2" in /etc/fstab
> > > instead of auto?
> >
> > Is that a valid option for fstab ?? I'll let you try it and
> > report back... How's that ?? ;-)

Rebooted. Works fine. It's now my formal recommendation: use "ext3,ext2"
to specify the fstype for an ext3 partition in /etc/fstab. This will
allow it to be mounted as ext3 if possible, or ext2 by non-ext3-aware
kernels. (It's better than using 'auto' because it's more specific (less
chance of unexpected results) and updatedb skips partitions whose type
is listed as 'auto' in fstab.)

good times,

--
Vineet                                   http://www.anti-dmca.org
Unauthorized use of this .sig may constitute violation of US law.