Re: JPEG or GIF background in fvwm?

Marc Shapiro <m_shapiro@bigfoot.com> wrote:

> This is somewhat off-topic, but can anyone point me in the right
> direction to finding out how to use a .gif or .jpeg file as a desktop
> background in fvwm?

Hello Marc.

I use xv to set it up. I made the following "script";

#!/bin/sh
xv -root -max -quit $1

And then I put the following line in my ~/.xsession;

foo.sh foo.jpg

So the shell script executes xv and changes the background picture to
my fvwm's desktop. But, I think other people will inform you about
better and more convenient options. I just felt like throwing my 2
cents on the table. :-)

--
Jussi Ekholm,		    "Everything is so fine it could be
little, ill flower   	     don't let your mind take you in misery