Re: Hello and 1st Question

At  3:32 am, Friday, October 12 2001, Robert L. Harris mumbled:
> Debian has 3 distrubitions I guess you'd say.
>
> The current "stable" distribution of Debian Linux (gnu/linux) is named Potato.
> The current "testing, soon to be stable" distribution is named Woody.  At some
> point in the future Woody will replace Potato as stable and a new unstable
> will be named (Buz is next I think but don't remember).
> The current "unstable, may be put into testing" is named Sid.

No, this is incorrect.
Woody will replace Potato, yes, but a new unstable will not be named.
Unstable (which you forgot) is called sid, will always be called sid, and
releases drop out of sid into testing.
The new testing's name is not set in stone, and AJ (the Release Manager)
hasn't even watched Toy Story to see which one to pick.

--
                                                    Steve
BOFH excuse #47: Complete Transient Lockout