Re: woody apt: dowloading from different releases

* On Fri Oct 12, 2001 11:32:47 -0400, Bruce Miller wrote:
> I am running Libranet 1.191 updated to woody with KDE from sid.
> The version of apt in woody has been 0.5.3; as of yesterday, it
> upgraded to 0.5.4.
>
> This version of apt has a feature to download a file from a different
> release without changing /etc/apt/sources.list. N.B. The feature is
> new as of woody; it does not yet exist in the potato version of apt.
> The syntax is: ``apt-get install foobar/release" where release is one
> of stable|testing|unstable.

I think that you still need to have the woody and sid lines in your
sources.list along with the potato lines.  I think there is also a file
somewhere that you can use to specify the default dist (e.g. get
packages from stable unless otherwise stated, etc.)

- Tal

--
Tal Danzig        |     Libranet GNU/Linux
tal@libranet.com  |  http://www.libranet.com

GPG Fingerprint: 8BE6 B973 BC1C 0CA0 CEE5  4874 C741 0BD5 B3A2 5512
Public key available from wwwkeys.pgp.net