Re: Can I convert an ext2 fs to Resierfs?

* Hall Stevenson (hallstevenson@mindspring.com) [011009 10:09]:
> > Its interesting that people don't really seem to think
> > much of ext3 but in my experience it is superb.
>
> I've been using it for about 3 months or so and have no
> complaints. The most appealing thing for me was the *simple*
> conversion to it -- no reformat needed.
>
> > I use a headless box with very old components.  If I
> > need to reboot and can't ssh in, just pulling the plug
> > works nicely...never any need to worry.
>
> I had to do something... My wife's PC is in the basement and
> if she's home with the kid, she doesn't like being down there
> for long 'cause there's nothing for our boy to do. So, she
> uses my PC upstairs. She's much more familiar with Windows, so
> she *resets* my box to boot Windows.

yeouch! Maybe you should tape a big "CTRL+ALT+DEL" sign on the monitor,
to help her remember how to do a clean shutdown and reboot.

good times,

--
Vineet                                   http://www.anti-dmca.org
Unauthorized use of this .sig may constitute violation of US law.