specifying higher resolution for cups?

Hello,

Does anyone know of a way to specifiy a higher DPI for the output from
cups? I'm using the gimp-print driver and have it set to 360DPI, which
is what I like to use for most things. However on occasion I need to
print at a higher resolution for pictures, but it's a pain to make sure
no one else is printing to the printer, tell everyone not to, change it
from 360DPI to 1440, print, then change it back. Is there some way to
specifiy on the command line to use 1440DPI for just the current print
job?

TIA,
Ron