Re: .Xdefaults or .Xsession ( Test-post)

On Fri, Oct 12, 2001 at 02:21:04AM +0200, Josef Oswald wrote:
> Hi all:-)
Hi!

> First off I would like to thank all those people who made Debian to
> what it is now :-) Right now I do use Progeny-Debian, and I like what
> I see.
>
> A couple of questions though:
> Which version ofg Debian does Progeny use, can I install or mix
> packages from different distributions?

Progenny AFAIK took an unstable branch back when it was still called
woody ( if I am not messing up on chronology here), did some work on
it , and  released.  I would not recommend mixing progeny and and
unstable/testing.  You can probably upgrade from progeny to unstable/testing.
I never used progeny, so I don't know if it will work out well.

> Does Debian  use .Xdefaults or Xsession as the X-Configuration file?
Depends on what you mean by X-Configuration file, because they have
different uses.

Progeny and debian should be similar, becase chief X guy, Branden,
works (at least worked) at Progeny, and does a splendid job on X
packages.

> Did this message make it to the list?
yes :-)