Re: remote login question

On Thu, Oct 11, 2001 at 01:22:06PM +0800, haheho wrote:
| Hi,
|
| I am new to debian and linux.
| Few days ago, I installed debian 2.2 r3.
| But, I can not telnet to that computer from another computer.
| Could anyone help? Tell me how should I do! Please!
|
| Below is my install step for remote log in,
| 1. apt-get install telnet
| 2. apt-get install xinetd,and content of my xinetd configuration files:

Don't use telnet -- it sends your password and all data in clear text
across the network.  Any idiot with a packet sniffer will know
everything you transmit.  Instead use ssh.  'apt-get install ssh' on
the server, and get a client for the client (same package if it is a
Debian box, PuTTY is a good win32 client).  It should work
out-of-the-box like that.

HTH,
-D