Re: Best route to testing/unstable?
On Thu, Oct 11, 2001 at 05:24:45PM +0000, Aniartia wrote:
> I've got a 2.2 r3 CD, an inet connection.. what's the quickest and pain-free
> way to get to testing/unstable?
Multi step approach may be a good idea unless you already upgraded apt
1. edit /etc/apt/souces.list to include stable/security/testing
2. "apt-get -u dist-upgrade" # I agree with others on this.
3. edit /etc/apt/souces.list to include stable/security/testing/unstable
4. create /etc/apt/preferences with
Pin: release a=testing
Pin: release a=stable
Pin: release a=unstable
5. apt-get install -u -t unstable whateverfromunstablepackage
Now you are testing/unstable. Without preference, you tend to run into
unstable all the time. Read man apt_preference
My web below also list some of my experiences :-)
~\^o^/~~~ ~\^.^/~~~ ~\^*^/~~~ ~\^_^/~~~ ~\^+^/~~~ ~\^:^/~~~ ~\^v^/~~~
+ Osamu Aoki <firstname.lastname@example.org>, GnuPG-key: 1024D/D5DE453D +
+ My debian quick-reference, http://www.aokiconsulting.com/quick/ +