Installing swatch

Hi,

I am trying to get swatch installed before I leave for the States
tomorrow, since I expect to need it over there. However I am having some
trouble getting it installed, so I am in a bit of a spot here. Any help
would be appreciated (and needed I am afraid `;-)

The problem is when I run perl Makefile.pl I get warned that I am
missing some modules. That was to be expected, since this is a fresh
install and I haven't used any modules on this system yet. I expected
the script to get them for me as I am used to. Somehow it gives up with
a message about an unresolved dependency (Bit::Vector) before it can
build the makefile. Is there anything special about perl under Debian I
should be aware of?

I noticed there are debs for swatch, but not for potato, which is what I
am using at the moment ('til I get more familiar with Debian). So I have
to build it myself I guess. Or might there be a repository of debs for
perl modules I do not know about?

The exact warning:

Warning: prerequisite Bit::Vector 5.7 not found at (eval 1) line 220.

This happens when the script tries to install Date-Calc-5.0.tar.gz
Another module (Date::Parse gets installed just fine.

Could be I am overlooking something quite simple. If so, please blame it
to stress and lack of time. (Trying to get a shipload of things done
before I leave, so my collegues don't have to do my work when I'm gone).
Later tonight I'll try to find out if maybe I can get the Bit::Vector
module from CPAN and install it by hand. In the meantime any suggestions
are welcome!

Grx HdV

--
Last night as I lay in bed looking at the stars I thought
'Where the hell is the ceiling?'

J.A. de Vries aka HdV
Delft University of Technology
Computing Centre