Re: Source packages for unstable - where?

On Thu, 11 Oct 2001, Piotr Sulecki wrote:

> Yes, I did, but "apt-get source" always gave me the sources for the
> stable version, never finding the ones in unstable (I have no deb-src
> lines referring to testing). As if there was no sources for the package
> in unstable.
>
> However, thanks to Faheem Mitha, my problem is solved. These lines in
> sources.list do the work:
>
> deb-src http://http.us.debian.org/debian unstable main contrib non-free
> deb-src http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US unstable/non-US main
> contrib non-free
>
> As I said, the mirrors I have checked do not carry the sources for
> unstable, only the US one does.

You know, if this is true, you should probably report this as a bug.
Mirrors are supposed to be mirrors ie. they should carry the unstable
source as well. You're in Poland, right? Can you tell me what mirror you
were trying to use, and where you got the name from? The US mirrors
probably have enough load on them already.

                             Sincerely, Faheem Mitha.