exim qualify_domain question

Hi,

I'm having a bit of a problem. I want all my outgoing emails to pretend to come from @hotmail.com (bec. I can't leave it blank since my system's hostname won't work; dialup machine) so I set my qualify_domain in exim to @hotmail.com. now when I send to other users@other domains no problem. however, once I want to send to people @hotmail.com I get "lunknown local-part "annk" in domain "hotmail.com". since is because my system thinks email's local when in fact it's not.

how do I get around this?

thanks