Re: Show postscript files in Landscape

%% the Edward Blevins <thedward@barsoom.net> writes:

  teb> On Wed, Oct 10, 2001 at 11:54:01PM -0400, Paul D. Smith wrote:

  >> I have some PostScript files that show (in gv) in Portrait.  However,
  >> they are slides and they are formatted in Landscape, so to read them on
  >> my screen I have to crane my neck over 90 degrees to the left :(.

  teb> You might want to check out this page:

  teb> http://rocky.wellesley.edu/downey/orientation/

Thanks, that was an interesting read (all my Google searches with "pdf",
"postscript", "landscape", "convert", etc. didn't come up with this
one).

Unfortunately, none of the suggestions there helped me...

I'm generating a PostScript file from OpenOffice Impress.  I tried to
add the new kind of "slide" paper to the ps2pdf config so I can use it
to convert these PostScript files into PDF in Landscape (er, 11x8.5" :)
but it absolutely didn't work.  Both gv and acroread continue to display
the resulting PDF file exactly as before: sideways.

In fact, except for the creation date the PDF file generated by ps2pdf
-sPAGESIZE=slide was exactly, byte-for-byte identical to the one
generated without that flag.  I know I changed the right file because if
I use -sPAGESIZE=foo I get an error, but -sPAGESIZE=slide works fine.

 Paul D. Smith <pausmith@nortelnetworks.com> HASMAT--HA Software Mthds & Tools