Show postscript files in Landscape

Hi all; this is a big off-topic but...

I have some PostScript files that show (in gv) in Portrait.  However,
they are slides and they are formatted in Landscape, so to read them on
my screen I have to crane my neck over 90 degrees to the left :(.

Surely there must be some way to change the PostScript definition or
something to rotate these files, so that when gv (etc.) displays them it
chooses to automatically display them in Landscape mode instead of
Postscript.  I'm _sure_ I've seen Postscript files that worked in this
manner.

Really what I want to be able to do is then convert such a Postscript
file to PDF and have acroread (etc.) _also_ display the results in
Landscape mode.

So far as I can tell the _only_ way to get this to happen is to boot
Windows and use Acrobat Distiller or similar.  Speaking in complete
ignorance, this seems like a straightforward thing; is it really true
that there is no way to perform this operation on Linux?

 Paul D. Smith <pausmith@nortelnetworks.com> HASMAT--HA Software Mthds & Tools