Re: bootp vs. dhcp

* Nathan E Norman <nnorman@micromuse.com> [2001.10.10 16:59:56-0500]:
> DHCP is an extension of BOOTP ... they use the same port numbers (67
> for the server and 68 for the client).  As always, the RFCs contain
> all the gory details.

yes, i know this too. last night was late and i need this info today
since i have to talk about it to people. please excuse my asking if i
could have found the info myself. i did try a little bit of web
search...

anyway, i am stupid, because i knew this difference - that bootp does
not include dynamic. it was just too much in my head last night.

*but*, you guys are the greatest, debian-user, even though often
misused, is still one of the best assets one can have!

(i run several dhcp servers without problems. last night, however, it
wasn't clear how bootp fits into the picture.)

many thanks!

XP is NT with eXtra Problems.