Apache.pm

I'm trying to do a dselect installation of Apache mod_perl DBI and a few other little goodies...
When I start Apache I get:
[error] Can't locate Apache.pm in @INC (@INC contains.../usr/share/perl/5.6.1...) at (eval 1) line 3.

locate Apache.pm results in:
/usr/lib/perl/5.6.0/Apache.pm
/usr/lib/perl/5.6.1/CGI/Apache.pm
/usr/lib/perl/5.6.0/Bundle/Apache.pm

None of whom are referenced in the @INC variable.

First -- FYI for the maintainer of libapache-mod-perl -- this is actually in 5.6.0 and 5.6.0/Bundle which seems redundant....

For the maintainer of perl-modules -- this is in 5.6.1/CGI/ and also seems, at least in theory redundant to the modules of 5.6.0.

Now, I'll confess, I'm new to Perl-mod-Apache. I have yet to do my first "Hello World" cgi/mod-perl web page. I was working on setting that up and ended up here.

I have a bunch of questions about this and hopefully some of them can get answered here. what's the difference between the apache-mod-perl and the CGI? I assume it's a matter of having the perl execute independently (CGI and Longer Time) rather than have perl "waiting in the wings" for an apache driven request (Faster but more memory used over a normal Apache configuration). Is there any programming difference between these with respect to the .pl files?