Re: Blackbox stopped working after upgrade...

Jussi Ekholm <ekhowl@goa-head.org> wrote:

>> Karsten M. Self <kmself@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>> $ strace blackbox -display :0 2>&1 | tee bbox.strace
>
> I did it from X (can't connect to X-server from console) as rxvt as
> a "window manager", again. And now I have bbox.strace. I'll put it
> as an attachment, as it is somewhat long. I can't make anything of it,
> maybe you can?

I'm answering to myself, but I think I found the reason for this
error. The problem is, I don't know what to do about it. This was
found from the strace's out.

LC_IDENTIFICATION=C/blackbox.cat", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT
(No such file or directory)

It points to /usr/share/blackbox/nls/C/blackbox.cat - such file exists,
but still it complaints it doesn't. I tried to removing it and copying
it back where it belongs - for no avail.

I also tried installing stable's Blackbox, but the same thing
happened. Would this information help anyone to recognize the actual
problem and how to fix it? I would be overly happy if this would
solve...

--
Jussi Ekholm,		    "Everything is so fine it could be
little, ill flower   	     don't let your mind take you in misery