Re: KDE

On Tuesday 09 October 2001 00:07, Matthew Garman wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 08, 2001 at 04:56:25PM -0500, Mike Grover wrote:
> > I was just wonderinfg if there is .deb packages for the KDE
> > desktop? If so, where can I find them?
>
> I have the following in my /etc/apt/sources.list:
>
> deb http://kde.debian.net potato main crypto optional
> deb ftp://kde.debian.net/pub/kde potato main crypto optional
> deb http://kde.rap.ucar.edu potato main crypto optional
>
> After adding those lines, I did an "apt-get update" then you can
> install kde packages with "apt-get install <packagename>".
>
> It looks like there are quite a few kde-related packages.  You might
> want to do something like "apt-cache search kde" or something
> similar.

There's a bit of a gotcha involved here. If you're installing onto
potato (as I was) the ONLY package you need is task-kde. That's a sort
of package of packages and includes all the packages you'll need.

BTW, don't forget to do 'apt-get update' after altering
/etc/apt/sources.list

Nigel
--
Nigel Pauli - I.T. Manager