Re: KDE

On Mon, Oct 08, 2001 at 04:56:25PM -0500, Mike Grover wrote:
> I was just wonderinfg if there is .deb packages for the KDE desktop?
> If so, where can I find them?

I have the following in my /etc/apt/sources.list:

deb http://kde.debian.net potato main crypto optional
deb ftp://kde.debian.net/pub/kde potato main crypto optional
deb http://kde.rap.ucar.edu potato main crypto optional

After adding those lines, I did an "apt-get update" then you can install
kde packages with "apt-get install <packagename>".

It looks like there are quite a few kde-related packages.  You might want
to do something like "apt-cache search kde" or something similar.

Hope that helps!
Matt

--
Matt Garman, garman@uiuc.edu
"Do you think that it would be too much to say that two hours of the