Soundcard with OPTi82C933

Hello,

I have an old ISA-soundcard with an OPTi 82C933-Chip on it, in a
system with a 2.4.X-kernel with pnp enabled and it finds the card as

  Card 1 'OPT0931:OPTi Audio 16' PnP version 1.0

but the device is not active. This is because /etc/init.d/isapnp does
not execute isapnp if /proc/isapnp is there. If I execute it by hand,
the devices gets active:

  Logical device 1 'OPT9310:OPTi Audio 16'
    Device is active
    Active port 0x534,0x380,0x220,0xe0c
    Active IRQ 5 [0x2]
    Active DMA 0,1

/etc/init.d/isapnp says: 'kernel 2.3.x and latter handle Pnp directly'
so how is it intended to work?

'modprobe mad16 io=0x534 irq=5 dma=0' does fail with

 No ISAPnP cards found, trying standard ones
 invalid codec port 534

what has to be done to get this soundcard to work?

	MfG
	bmg

--
"Des is völlig wurscht, was heut beschlos- | M G Berberich
 sen wird: I bin sowieso dagegn!"          | berberic@fmi.uni-passau.de