Re: nvidia driver fails to initialize

* hero (hero@runbox.com) spake thusly:
> I've tried nVidia driver running on my Debian Woody system. I have the
> latest Woody system installed on my
> Athlon 1 G. I have a Geforce2MX with 32 MB of SDRAM. I am running kernel
> 2.4.9. I installed the latest nVidia
> drivers (1541) using the Debian installer packages. My kernel support
> mtrrs, don't support framebuffer, dri,
> agpgart.
> (EE) NVIDIA(0): Failed to initialize the NVdriver kernel module!
> (EE) NVIDIA(0):  *** Aborting ***
> (II) UnloadModule: "nvidia"
> (II) UnloadModule: "vgahw"
> (II) Unloading /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/libvgahw.a
> (EE) Screen(s) found, but none have a usable configuration.
>
> Fatal server error:
> no screens found

Are you using devfs? If so, you'll need to run makedevs.sh from Nvidia
kernel package before starting X. Also, make sure NVdriver module is
loaded (modprobe NVdriver).

Dima
--
I like the US government, makes the Aussie one look less dumb and THAT is a
pretty big effort.                                               -- Craig Small