Re: pppoe lost in ppp package (sid)?

On Wed, Oct 10, 2001 at 12:09:21PM +0200, Sven Geggus wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I've been using debian woody with the pppoe plugin provided by the standard
> ppp package which comes with the distribution (2.4 Kernel-Mode pppoe).
>
> Because of a strange lookup of the system I tried to upgrade some parts of
> the system to newer ones.
>
> Anyway, when upgrading ppp to the Version provided by sid pppoe does no
> longer work.

According to changelog.Debian, the pppoe patch was removed in ppp
2.4.1.uus-1 because it broke demand dialing:

  * Removed kernel mode pppoe patch. Breaks demand dialling. Upstream
    is planning on native pppoe support for 2.4.2 (Closes: #103843)

I don't remember where you can get the patch, though...

J.