Mysql-Php error

Title: Message
Not sure if this is the right place to be asking this question but I just recently installed Mysql - client and server and PHP 4 and also PHP4-Mysql.  I am trying to configure PHPNuke but when I load the default index.php page it returns this error

Call to undefined function: mysql_connect() in /var/www/html/mainfile.php on line 42
I can connect to the database locally but the error seems to be in remote connections.  Any ideas would be appreciated.  I have read this is a common error and seems to be related to PHP not being configured with Mysql.  I installed my packages with apt-get.

Thanks

Eileen Orbell
ISA Major
Capitol College
Mailto:eileen@orbell.com
http://www.orbell.net
A good plan today is better than a perfect plan tomorrow.