Re: Characters can't be shown correctly on tty

On Fri, Oct 05, 2001 at 05:11:56PM -0700, Karsten M. Self wrote:
> Try:
>
>    $ reset
>    $ vi <return> ZZ
>
> ...which should reset your screen.  Not all are necessary at all times,
> but I've found that a 'reset', brief 'vi' session, and a few screen
> refreshes of 'top' will fix things virtually always.

I think 'echo ^O' (type the ^O by hitting Ctrl-V (Verbatim) followed by
Ctrl-O) followed by <Enter> is always enough to send a hard reset if
things get really screwed up. ncurses might send a hard reset on behalf
of vi and top in the course of their screen operations.