Re: My modem..argggg

Hi,

OK after my last response, I saw your other postings.  I didn't realize
we had about 5 threads going here . . . it might be simpler to keep this
all on one thread.  Anyway . . .

If it is a 14400 ISA modem, then you probably have jumpers you can set.
It is quite common for com3 to go with IRQ 4, rather than IRQ 5.
Traditionally, COM1 and COM3 share IRQ4, and COM2 and COM4 share IRQ3.

Not knowing what other devices you have in your computer (such as serial
mouse on com1?) it is a little hard to say for sure, but I would try
setting the jumpers to use COM1 - IRQ4, and then run pppconfig.  If that
doesn't work try COM2 - IRQ 3.

I've used a few USR hardware modems, and I have never had to setserial
manually, hence I doubt you have to go through that.

Also, your 14.4 modem may be old enough that it's not PNP.

--

Thank you,
Joe Bouchard