Re: Resierfs on Potato?

On Sunday 07 October 2001 03:28 pm, Stan Brown wrote:
> Can I set up some filesystem to be resierfs on a stable machine? I have
> installed the 2.4 kernel on it.

Then make sure you have reiserfsprogs too.  You'll need them.

I've never tried using ReiserFS on Potato, though, so I don't know if you can.  If you have a 2.4 kernel working, I'd think you're golden though.

You might need to get a Woody source package for reiserfsprogs and compile it under Potato.

> BTW, I'm open to better sugestions here. I'm setting up a machine that will
> be a Amanda backup machine (large disk capict fast access highly
> desirable).

Wish I knew.  You can upgrade to ext3 seamlessly.  I run it on my root and reiserfs on my other disk.  I haven't had any problems with either under 2.4.6 or 2.4.9 running Woody.  I just installed 2.4.10, so I'll have to see.