mounting /tmp and setting permissions

Hay,

Now that the kids are getting a new drive, I'm to repartition it all.
Want to do a better job this time:), so I thought I'd better use a
separate /tmp partition.  Mounting it during boot is no problem,
though I've always been a bit worried that some program might already
use /tmp before it got mounted and then its files would get hidden and
so. But I digress..

Its permissions are wrong, so they need to be set right after /tmp is
mounted.  For the time being I've added a line to this effect to
/etc/init.d/mountall.sh.  I know I could add my own file to the init.d
setup, but this being such a common setup I expected to find a place
to do this.  But I fail to find it:(

Talking about /tmp and booting, I wonder what happens to lost+found:
deleted or preserved.

--
groetjes, carel