Re: anyone for masqmail?

andrej hocevar wrote:

> is anyone here using masqmail?

yes. a good choice for an dial-up account.

> i've installed masqmail on my potato and it works okay as far as
> delivering mail to myself (localhost) is concerned. it also stores mail
> that's meant for any outside connections and silently waits for my to
> intervene.

did you have properly edited /etc/masqmail/masqmail.conf? in this file
are many configuration examples.

> to deliver it, i have to do masqmail -qo[connection], right?
>
> but i get segfaults all the time when i try that! does anyone know what's
> wrong?

have a look at the manpage masqmail.conf(5), especially the line with
´online_detect =´. you also have to study the manpages of masqmail(8)
and masqmail.route(5).

a good start for using masqmail is

http://innominate.org/~kurth/masqmail/

there you can find informations, howto´s, can browse a mailing-list and
even ask your question on this list. probably the maintainer of masqmail
will read your question and answer it.

cu
--
hafi