Re: [pptp-server] Does anyone have a PPP 2.4.1 .deb built with mppe for PPTP

For the benefit of those on debian-user (this has already been discussed on
pptp-server) --

There is currently a licensing question that prevents legal distribution of a
pppd binary with MPPE/MS-CHAP support.  I am currently pursuing this question
with pppd upstream, and will provide either unofficial .debs, or step-by-step
instructions for building such .debs, pending the outcome of the licensing
discussion.

I understand that the MPPE support is not currently in a state fit for
inclusion in the official Debian packages, because it makes pppd incompatible
with unpatched kernels.  This issue is also being looked into.

I am not currently subscribed to debian-user.  Please direct any questions to
the pptp-server mailing list or to me personally.

Regards,
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer