Debian installation problems

Hi all, didn't know which list to post too.

I'm trying to install on a Dell Inspiron 7500, and I have gotten some hints from some
of you earlier. But I can't figure out where I setup the PCMCIA card
during the setup (Xircom 10/100/56). The only thing I am asked about my PCMCIA card, is
whether it's a intel thing or some T... thing. Where do I specify that
it's a xirc2ps? I can't setup my network if I specify intel or T....

And then theres X... It ask's me if I want the VGA16 as default
server. Do I? Where do I specify the Mach64 driver/server? When Debian
tryes to create the Xfree86 conf. file, following error occurs (a lot
of times):

_X11TransSocket00FXConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111

I can skip this (CTRL+C), and get into a configuration screen for my mouse and
stuff at a later point.

Oh yes, and then theres my mouse. I have a cheap Microsoft mouse. I
have tried a LOT of combinations (port/name), but none works. Any idea
what to configure my mouse as?

Please help me, I can't even get into my machine now (well I can, but
only in text mode).

--
Best regards,
 Søren Neigaard mailto:neigaard@e-box.dk