Satble -> Progeny + grub. Machine won't boot.

I have a machine which I _absolutely_ need to have working Monday. I need
to have it have to Progeny update + 2.4 kernel. I've been fighting with
this all weekend, having started over about a dozen times at this point in
time :-(

Here's where I am at tthe moment. I installed a minimal stable, the did the
Progeny update, leting it install grub.

Now, the machine boots up to the grub command screen (not the grub user
menu), and hangs.

Yhe Progeny package uses initrd, which is a new thing to me.

Help, please!

How can I get this machine to boot from the hared disk? I do  have a boot
floppy thta will boot it.

It has 3 hard drives, but I'm only dealing with the first on, which grub
sees as hd0, and linux sees as hde. I have 2 filesystem partitons,
partition 1 is 100M and mounts as /boot. Partiton 4 is mounted as /.

Sugestions? Please.

--
Stan Brown     stanb@awod.com                                    843-745-3154
Charleston SC.