Re: Satble -> Progeny + grub. Machine won't boot.

"Stan Brown" <stanb@awod.com> writes:

> Here's where I am at tthe moment. I installed a minimal stable, the did the
> Progeny update, leting it install grub.
>
> Now, the machine boots up to the grub command screen (not the grub user
> menu), and hangs.

Do you need grub? Why not stick with lilo which seems to be working
for you on stable?

> How can I get this machine to boot from the hared disk? I do  have a boot
> floppy thta will boot it.

Remove grub, Reinstall lilo (if it's been removed) and do /sbin/lilo -v -t

--
Richard Watson     GnuPG/PGP:0x55227960     http://www.doilywood.org.uk
e-mail:richard@doilywood.org.uk  jabber:richard@jabber.doilywood.org.uk