Re: installing debian on a Jaz

on Fri, Oct 05, 2001 at 08:35:39PM +0200, Maxime Gamboni (maxime.gamboni@epfl.ch) wrote:
> Hi all !
>
> I am new to this mailinglist (as well as to the linux world :-)
> I want to install debian on my pc, but there's already windows
> installed on it, and I don't want to partition the hard disk (which is
> btw almost full already) for debian.
>
> Before I start downloading and installing and end up seeing that it
> doesn't work: Is it possible to install a debian distribution on a Jaz
> cartridge ?  (and have at startup something like a boot menu, that
> allows either to boot windows on the hard disk or debian on the Jaz)

Yes, it is.

If you don't already own a Jaz, don't buy one.  They're expensive,
unreliable, utterly fucked pieces of shit.  Iomega can die.  You can
quote me on that.

I've lost three drives and ten disks since 1997.  I don't even use the
fucking thing anymore, haven't relied on it for three years.

Buy an additional hard drive an install Debian on this.  Set your
bootmanager to find it or use a boot floppy.  You'll be far more
satisfied.

Peace.

   Free Dmitry! Boycott Adobe! Repeal the DMCA!  http://www.freesklyarov.org