Re: nVidia kernel driver fails to initialize

On Sat, 2001-10-06 at 21:06, Benjamin Diedrich wrote:
> Thank you all for the fast reply on my problem. I finally figured it out
> when I looked at the system log. The NVdriver kernel module was
> complaining that an IRQ was not set for the VGA adapter. So, I rebooted,
> enabled the IRQ for my video adapter in the BIOS, and X windows launched
Wow, a seldom cause. Most of the times the XFree settings are the reason
or if I compile a new kernel I often forget to recompile the nVidia
binary driver's interface...
> right up. The 3D acceleration is working great. I installed and fired up
> Quake III: Arena, and was getting as good a results as I can expect from
> my PII 400.
Yepp, same framerates as under Win. Btw.: tried Return To Castle
Wolfenstein already? Sqeeze...

> Thanks again,
>
> Ben Diedrich
>
> P.S.: Blame those long lines in my initial message on Web Pine. I didn't
> realize they hadn't implemented line-wrapping like the original.
:-) There are greater probs than that. Thanx anyhow. You could have been
posting HTML mail with large attachments... :-)

seeya,

Timo