Indenting with magicfilter

After being unable to get my postscript printer to work
properly using apsfilter, I uninstalled apsfilter and installed
magicfilter.  That worked much better, but there were still
two problems (both "showstoppers"):

1) I can't get any indentation.  The man page for magicfilter
    says that lpd will pass it a "-i" option that will produce
    indentation, but when I give that argument to lpr, I don't
    get any indentation.

2) Long lines in an ascii file seem to get hyphenated, but with
   a strange character (a U with a grave accent) in place of the
   dash.

Anyone know how to solve these problems?

    Mike Fontenot
    mlfasf@home.com