Re: how to install debian originally from cd but copied to HD

On Fri, 2001-10-05 at 01:35, ramsubs wrote:

> [...]

Heh, sorry about that.  I just tried to modify what you gave me without
thinking ;>  I'm glad you figured out how to make it work, I think once
you dig in and read the man files and check the examples debian really
becomes pretty logical to run.  Of course there are interesting
exceptions, but that's what the list is here for.

> deb file:/mnt/cdrom2/  potato  contrib main
> deb file:/mnt/cdrom2/  potato/non-US  contrib main
>
> deb file:/mnt/cdrom3/  potato  contrib main
> deb file:/mnt/cdrom3/  potato/non-US  contrib main
>

> i was unsuccessful in trying to directly refer to the Packages file (as in
> the earlier incorrect code-statement). the installer didn't return any
> informative error message except to say "Malformed Line". i remember reading
> in man sources.list that i should end the line with "/"; i tried but it
> complained the same.
>

> > --mike
> >

> everything worked like a charm.
>
> thank you so much mike.