Re: Characters can't be shown correctly on tty
- To: email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Characters can't be shown correctly on tty
- From: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2001 17:27:12 +0200
- Message-id: <20011006172712.C4397@nettaxi>
- In-reply-to: <Id3-t.A.VgH.BeJv7@murphy>
- References: <Id3-t.A.VgH.BeJv7@murphy>
Try to do cat /etc/* to solvent the problem :-)
On Fri, Oct 05, 2001 at 01:11:20AM +0800, Liu Tao wrote:
> I typed "cat /dev/random" on tty1, and some strange characters scrolled ,
> so I pressed Ctrl-c to terminate cat. But after that, characters can't be
> shown correctly on tty1, they are shown as strange characters.
> Other ttys are normal. I tried "cat /dev/random" on Konsole, and it doesn't
> have this problem.
> Does that mean there are exploits in ttys' driver code?
> Liu Tao
> To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to email@example.com
> with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org