Stable -> 2.4 kernel, best path?

I have a stable machine, that I need to use the 2.4 kernel on. I remebr a
while back lloking inot this.

As I recall, I found 2 ways to do this.

1. Some kind soul had created a set of packages for this (kernel, lbc, file
utilites ...)

2, Upgrading to Progeny

Am I recalling this corectly?

If so could someone point me to a source for the ackages for choice 1?

Also what do people think is the least risky way to do this?

Basicly I have a machine that I need to get into production ASAP, and it
needs largefile support.

Thanks for any recomendations.

--
Stan Brown     stanb@awod.com                                    843-745-3154