Re: Java / resin on debian

On Thu, Oct 04, 2001 at 06:52:20PM -0400, ANOOP KUMAR wrote:

| Hi,
|
| Has anyone succesfully installed resin on debian.  I just switched from
| red-hat to debian and am struggling to install resin on debain to deploy
| servlets and jsp.
|
| I first installed the java( debain package jdk1.1) with lot of difficulty

Ugh, yeah 1.1 is _really_ old.  Get 1.3.1 instead.

| and figured out that it misses the class HashMap in classes.zip therefore
| debian cannot run.   I tried to include this class in all possible ways
| but doesn't seem to like my ways.

It isn't part of Java 1.1.  It was added in Java2 (jdk >= 1.2)

| I then installed j2sdk1.3 from blackdown and  this started new set of
| problems.  First of all the .java_wrapper is corrupt and couldn't load
| libjava.so .  I fixed it then it is not able to find Java 2 rurtime
| environment.  I set all possible environment variables JAVA_HOME,
| CLASSPATH, LD_LIBRARY_PATH ran ldconfig to load the shared libraries, but
| doesn't work.

I haven't had any problems with blackdown's j2sdk1.3 package.  Maybe
you have a bad package?  I got mine from the UNC mirror, I think.
Maybe the tux.org one though.

Try re-downloading and installing the package, and check it against
the MD5 sums to make sure it isn't corrupt in some way.

HTH,
-D