Re: SPAM WARNING: spammers use Debian lists for harvesting

Rob VanFleet <rvf@linux.wku.edu> wrote:

> I've been on the list, on and off, for roughly a year now and I have yet
> to get a single bit of spam, other than the occasional one that is sent
> to a list I am on.  None of them have been addressed directly to me.

It wouldn't surprise me too much if the spammers filter or weight the
addresses they see in various ways. It could be that a .edu address is
less likely to be spammed heavily than a .com address at a
consumer-oriented ISP. I'm just speculating, though.

Craig