Re: downloading debian

On Thu, 2001-10-04 at 03:49, Vineet Kumar wrote:
> * kumar suresh (listuser@yahoo.com) [011003 07:13]:
> > Hello,
> >
> > We tried to download debian cdimages as instructed by
> > the latest psudo-image kit but from most of the sites
> > we were unable to download the required files. With
> > many sites, the make-psudo-imaage command terminated
> > immediately and with someother sites we could donwload
> > only upto 21MB or so. Thereafterwards,
> > make-psudo-imaage command returned the prompt
> > immediately.
> >
> > So is there any site from where we can get latest
> > debian?
>
> See www.bradmont.net (which, unfortunately, seems to be down at the
> moment). I'll burn and mail you one for the cost of the disc + shipping,
> mail me privately if interested. (potato discs only right now.)

Wouldn't it be a brilliant idea if someone came up with an Essential
Debian ISO image, containing only the absolute minimum files necessary
to have a working apt-get/dselect system, (e.g. the boot image,
base*tgz, drivers.tgz)? Low-bandwidth folks can burn the mini-ISO
(~30MB) image to CDRW or a mini CDR and just apt-get the .debs they
really need (which for most people should be under 300MB)

--
Neo:
I don't know the future. I didn't come here to tell you how this is