Re: file conflicts between packages

On Tue, Oct 02, 2001 at 10:20:28AM -0700, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:
> On 02-Oct-2001 Craig Dickson wrote:
> > Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:
> >> This is mixviews violating X policy. Check if there is a bug open
> >> and if not file one.
> >
> > Are you sure? It seems strange. app-defaults is a directory, not a file.
> > I would have thought that any X application's package could put a file
> > in there. Is it really the sole property of the xlibs package?
>
> Positive.  The X maintainer did this to ensure any package not
> following policy is guaranteed to break as well as wanting to change
> app-defaults.

No, he tried to avoid these packages breaking (by moving them to
/etc/X11/app-defaults in xlibs' preinst), but got the script slightly
wrong. It'll be fixed in xlibs 4.1.0-7.

mixviews was the source of the main bug, and has been fixed in unstable,
but the fixed version hasn't made it to testing yet.