Re: Beam Internet

Adam McDaniel wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 02, 2001 at 05:55:54PM +0100, Hereward Cooper wrote:
> I wouldn't get this satelite deal though, here in Canada there is a similar
> service starting thats about CAD$150 / month, (~£60/US$100) ofcourse you
> already need a digital cable terminal and be signed up for every single
> tier... its still not worth it :)

Here in Canada there is a similar service starting at CAD$40 /month  :-)

 http://www.expressvu.ca

You need to also subcribe to Bell Expressvu TV (Satellite dish).

It's not competitive with ADSL or cable, but if those are unavailable then
this is an option.  I hope my Bell Expressvu TV signal doesn't go to craps
via over-compression as they sacrifice bandwidth to this.

Peter